What you can do
Support our campaign #FOURPAWSgowild
- Sign the FOUR PAWS’ petition against canned hunting to the South African decision makers at cannedhunting.com!
- Refuse to visit any breeding or hunting farms.
- Avoid tourist attractions in which young animals are exposed to direct contact with humans.
- Inform your travel agent, friends and family about South Africa’s lion industry’s background and Canned Hunting.
- Be careful in the choice of jobs or work experience in South Africa (“Volunteering”). Make sure that you are not giving your support to institutions that raise lions and other animals by hand for commercial purposes
- Please tell us your story and send us any pictures or footage which you may have! Share your personal experiences as a volunteer in South Africa. Report any animal cruelty in lion facilities to email@example.com
What FOUR PAWS demands
- the prohibition of ‘Canned Hunting’ in South Africa
- the prohibition of commercial lion breeding farms and unethical practices like bottle feeding of cubs, cuddling or walking with ‘lions
- An end of the legal export of lion bones for TCM and the prohibition of euthanizing lions for the lion bone trade
- For countries outside South Africa to introduce national legislation that prohibits importation of trophies following the example of Australia and support an uplisting of lions within CITES to Appendix 1
- For important stakeholders like conservationists, travel companies, airlines but also hunting associations to take a clear and public stand against the unscrupulous lion industry and Canned Hunting
Help us to convince the South African government that Canned Hunting needs to be banned. With a photo from you and your #RealTrophy. Join now on http://www.realtrophy.org/