What you can do
- Never buy a dog on the street, at markets while on holiday
- We strongly recommend not to buy pets via social media or online platforms
- Never buy a puppy out of pity! If you do, you become partially responsible for more puppies being bred.
- If you are sure you want a dog, visit an animal shelter! These shelters contain many dogs, including pedigree dogs, which require a new home.
- If you suspect you have come into contact with a questionable trader, inform your vet or the local authorities.
- Talk to your friends and family about this cruel business and warn them against making such a purchase!